Ruja village belongs to the city of Agnita, and the first documentary mention of the town has been kept since 1349 from a payment register. Later, by 1400 it belonged to the Kosd Chapter. The first church erected here in the 12th century. XIII was probably a simple Romanesque basilica, but no trace of it remains. In the sec. XV here a new church will be erected, surrounded by a curtain whose only remaining walls can be seen in the east of the place. Probably, as in other cases, the church will have been fortified at the turn of the 15th - 16th centuries. Today the building has a massive masonry tower on the west façade, the same width as the church hall. Its last level carries a closed wooden gallery on the consoles. The ground floor is covered by a cross vault, the space being accessible only from the church through a narrow corridor. In the thickness of the wall there are steps that allow access to the upper corners. + "More details": The nave of the church is covered by a semicylindrical vault with penetrations, and in the upper register windows in broken arch are opened. The triumphal arch in the broken arch separates the choir whose beams are covered by starry vaults with brick ribs without consoles. On some old photographs you can still see, at least for the north side, the collateral. In 1509 there is mentioned a support of six guldeni for works in the church. It is assumed that the collaterals were now modified and the two entrances on the north and south sides were opened. Even now the choir was fortified by elevation. The buttresses were joined by masonry arches giving rise to a car, and the superimposed floor was equipped with embrasures. Access to this defensive floor is through the church bridge. In 1596 repairs to the church and precinct are carried out. Subsequently, wooden stands were added to the interior on the three sides of the ship. The large bell dated around 1500 bears the inscription: "O rex glory come as peace". The other two bells were cast in 1927. The classical altar built in 1848 has Jesus in the center with a nimbus and a cup. The wooden pulpit is dated 1850. The organ with 10 registers is built by Samuel Mätz in 1803 and underwent successive repairs in 1849, 1928, 1934, 1941 and 1943.