The village that changed its name, Dacia, was rather known (until 1931), as enatena, after the German name, Stein (Ste, Stin, Štîn in Saxony). It belongs to the commune of Jibert, and the name translates to "Piatra", from the Latin name of the settlement and fortress here - Lapis. Born in the darkness of time and attested from the early 14th century (1309), Dacia was always inhabited by Saxons and Romanians, in equal proportion. That was until 1980-1990, when the mass emigration of the Saxons changed the demography of the place. Today, in Dacia there are less than 700 souls, mostly Romanians and Roma If you have arrived in Dacia, take a break and visit the fortified evangelical church, built in the 15th century. XIII. Renovated almost entirely in the sixteenth and nineteenth centuries, the church received in its gift a tower, which rises skyward. + "more details" Around 1500, the side ships were demolished, and the arches connecting the ships were blocked, the choir was restored with polygonal closure, adding a fortified level, equipped with firing holes. Also for defensive purposes, the buttresses were linked with arches. The nave of the church was fortified with new vaults, inspired by the late Gothic. The church also underwent modifications in the middle of the 19th century, when the upper level of the ship was demolished, fortified, extended the walls to the west, and the four-level tower and high tower were adopted, which can be admired even today. distance. Inside, the choir still has strange Renaissance, from 1526, carrying the decorative imprint of Johannes Sichsorean workshop of Johannes Reichmut, but also pieces from the century. XIX, with classicist or neo-Gothic forms: the pulpit, the organ and the altar, the last one made by Michael Wolf from Sighisoara (sculptor) and Josef Lob from Vienna (painter). Around the church was developed, it seems that from the fifteenth century, a 6-8 m high, rectangular, flanked at the corners of patrol towers covered by pyramidal hairs. The southwestern part of it was demolished in the 19th-20th centuries.