Natural Reserve "Secular oak trees from Breite Sighisoara"
Old trees between 400 and 600 years and up to 1.8 m in diameter, await you on the plateau near Sighisoara, in the largest and best preserved pasture habitat with secular gorges and oaks in central and eastern Europe. Here, in the middle of the forest, in just 133 ha, you will find 10 of nationally known plants (380 species and subspecies of plants).
A total of 115 species of vertebrates have been identified here, most of them protected by law. A favorite place for mushrooms (30 edible species), in the summer there are dozens of playful butterflies, and the atmosphere is from another world. In the winter, you will surely find traces of wolves, brown bears or wild cats. Coordinates:
The plateau is between the following coordinates:
- Latitude: Southernmost point 46 ° 11.033 '; most northerly 46 ° 13.058 '
- Longitude: Western point 24 ° 44.877 '; most northerly 24 ° 46.428 '
How to Visit:
• coming from Sighișoara, Brașov, on the national road DN14, towards Mediaș - Sibiu, after the roundabout from the exit from Sighișoara, about 4 km, after the climb on Hula Daneșului, the first road to the left - forest road of 2 km.
• coming from Sibiu direction, on the national road DN14, after leaving the village of Daneș, climb the Hula Daneșului, the last forest road on the right before the first turn.
By bike or hike:
• From Sighișoara, from Ana Ipatescu street, next to the information panels marked with the Transylvanian Hills, follow the red band marking
You can visit thie place by hiking, cycling, horseback riding - free of charge - for guided tours, call Guides or local agencies.